Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Scoutbook Online Unit Advancement Software

I'm always looking for a better way to keep our scouting advancements and merit badges up to date and accessible.  We've been using a spreadsheet for quite a while, but this year I started using Scoutbook. (www.scoutbook.com) I love it!

It's all available online, accessible from a computer, tablet, or smart phone.  I can invite parents and give them access to their son's progress and info so they can be up to date on what their kid has done and what he needs to do.  They can also log information for a leader to then approve when he logs into the site.

I use it to keep track of camping nights, service hours, and leadership tenure.  It's easy to keep updated and now has individual scout printout that gives all the advancement and merit badges a scout has earned in one page.

It does cost, but it has a 30 day trial.  I used it for the trial, and then paid the $ to keep using it.  I still need to get all the other adults and parents involved and converted, but it's coming.

Oh, and you can import from some of the other scouting software packages out there to make it easier to switch over!

Check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments: